IBM Wave for z/VM simplifies management of z/VM and Linux guests throughout your enterprise, all via a dynamic, intuitive Graphical User Interface.
Service Pack 5 for Version 1 Release 2 is now available from IBM Fix Central and Shopz and delivers these new features and functions:
- Dynamic memory management enables virtual memory to be added to a guest’s configuration dynamically, without requiring an outage. Memory can be added temporarily or permanently.
- Pre-existing disk storage can now be used to expand Linux volume groups, enabling potential volume group expansion to be planned and provisioned in advance.
- The virtual device address ranges used for Linux volume groups can now be controlled, allowing installation standards to be enforced.
- IBM Wave service virtual machines no longer require LOGON passwords, but instead can be accessed using the more secure and auditable LOGONBY mechanism.
- Dormant guests will not be awakened unnecessarily by periodic guest connectivity verification, reducing system overhead.
- A What’s New popup window will be presented the first time a Wave user employs the user interface after a new service pack has been applied, as well as on request via the Help menu, bringing new features to their attention.
- As with every Service Pack, other enhancements and fixes for defects are also incorporated.
To gain hands-on experience using IBM Wave on a live remote system through a set of structured use scenarios at no charge, take advantage of the IBM Wave Test Drive. To participate, contact your IBM account team or Business Partner, or e-mail email@example.com for assistance.